Sunday, December 8, 2013

EMP

Vince & I decided that since we were going to be in Seattle for the football game, we should at least spend another day looking around. My pick for Day 2: a trip to the EMP. So glad we got to go while the Fantasy exhibit was there; it was really fun! I felt like a kid in there. The other exhibits were great too; I plan on being a frequent visitor to the EMP once I'm a Seattle resident :)


Almost there! Here's an exhibit flag on the outside...


Inside the EMP: super cool bar & lounge near the ticketing counter


The Nirvana exhibit


Sick- in a good way ;)


The Experience Hendrix exhibit- full of great memorabilia
and letters from fans. Love it


The prodigy himself


The Sound Lab: a place to play with instruments and test your skills


Cool guitar display


The Guitar Gallery- very educational and fun!


A little history...


Fun exhibit about horror films… Muahahahaha...


Ew! A facehugger!


…and an Alien- awesome!


And my favorite: Fantasy!


The door to Fantasyland- cute!


Armor from a shining knight… Unfortunately it was a little dark inside,
so I didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked, but it was great anyway.
There were original works from C.S. Lewis and J.R. Tolkien; costumes from 
Snow White & The Huntsmen, The Hobbit, Lord Of The Rings, The Princess 
Bride, and other fairy-tale movies; great props; and interactive games. 
Way fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment