Friday, December 6, 2013

Fall- I mean Winter- is here!

Baby it's cold outside! Now that it is chilly outside, it is time to catch up! Here's what I've been up to…

It's been a few months since my condo first went on the market and I haven't had any serious offers, so I decided to re-do my guest bathroom. I figure that two nice bathrooms are better than one ;) My first step was to have the old toilet and the old vanity unit removed… which led to step two: me needing to replace some partial tiles in the room...


Here was my handiwork about a quarter of the way around one tile... 


And then my chisel broke- so I decided to get serious!


Whew! A lot of grinding, a few hours, a little sweat, 
and some clean-up work, & the partial tires were out!


Vince helped me re-paint, and then my dad helped me
replace some light fixtures and the GFCI switches- progress!

Have to have a little fun though, so a few days later my best friend Jodie and I decided to meet up for brunch and some shopping at a local crafts fair in downtown.


Her favorite breakfast spot: Snow City Cafe



Snow City is a cute local breakfast spot with eclectic
decor and a homey vibe; a fun place for us to catch up.


On to the craft fair!


…and then it got snowy- and cold!


(Pics from the drive home)


Another good thing to do when it's cold out: hone some recipes...


Got my chicken mole just right (mmmm)!


Next work in progress: a healthier chocolate pie…
Hehe- this is how I spend my evenings in winter: red
wine and playing in the kitchen :D Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment