Thursday, May 21, 2015

Vitamin D

What a treat! Vince and I were greeted by another sunny morning following our rodeo night, so we set off to do some more outdoor exploring that afternoon. There is nothing quite like sunshine and fresh air to energize the soul :)



This critter got my heart going on the way past the garage!
Luckily, it was a bull snake...


Vince and I decided to walk the Ancient Lakes trail; this is one of the views


Our first glimpse of one of the lakes


Such a cool spot! I would love to come back here and camp sometime

Happy with our walk (and thirsty!), Vince and I headed back to the farm and set out to find Pat and see if she needed help with anything. After a little prying, the three of us walked down to the new cherry orchard and worked on thinning the upper branches of the young trees... I could get used to that kind of work; it was relaxing!


The top of one of the trees (pre-thinning)


Ladybug on my jeans- cute


Vince working on the branches


Pat enjoying the view

The three of us got through the trees in no time and headed back to the house to turn on the grill, shower up, play some cards, and call it a day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment