Sunday, May 24, 2015

Time To Go

This particular trip to Washington was probably one of my favorites to-date; not only did we get to attend some fun events, but we spent a good portion of our time outside exploring the area and enjoying the weather. I finally feel like I'm getting to know the Douglas County- and I like it better all the time! Alas, it was almost time for Vince and I to head back to work, so it was time to bid WA farewell. We got up that morning, organized our bags, and headed out for a walk with Pat.

We didn't get very far toward the alfalfa fields before we noticed the dogs were looking for something under a storage tank. All three of us had noticed little pygmy rabbits around, so we were worried they might be after one! We ran toward the dogs and got to them just as we heard a little squeal :/ Thankfully, Pat was able to get Roxy to drop the little guy before any harm was done. I scooped him up and Pat took the dogs back to the yard... 



AWWWWWW

Poor critter was too scared to move, so I set him back under the tank and we left him alone. Vince and I came back after a few minutes and he was gone (whew), so we knew he was going to make it :) Pat joined us back near the field and we continued our walk with no other incidents ;) We headed back to the house from there and made our last meal before heading to the airport: grilled margarita shrimp and veggie kebabs. MMMM. It was the perfect ending to another great visit :D


No comments:

Post a Comment