Sunday, August 21, 2016

A Week At Home

Our first July weekend off work was a whirlwind! Although it had been fun, Vince and I were also looking forward to a relatively "chill" week to get caught up on sleep, take care of some things around the condo, sight in our rifles, and do some cooking. Here's a glimpse of some of the highlights!



Local Farmers' Market



A talented local pasta-maker 





New charcuterie vendor 




Some monster Alaska-grown zucchini!



Fresh produce- I stocked up on some beautiful rhubarb and kohlrabi :)



The Blue Angels came to town and did an airshow;
this was our view from the roof of our condo



I finally got a scope mounted on my new gun and was excited to check it out!



Getting it dialed-in...



A few adjustments and I was right on the money!



One of the stars from the week: Creole Halibut with Prawns...



...this Asian-Glazed Salmon and Sautéed Kohlrabi was another hit :)



The beginnings of my first scratch-made pie crust



Strawberry-rhubarb filling



My first fruit pie! I was excited for Vince to try one of my childhood favorites...



...he liked it ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment