Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Into The Wild

After a quiet first night in Healy, Vince and I woke up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed; we were ready to hit the trail! But first: breakfast...



We decided to try a little diner not far from our hotel


 
The place was packed- always a good sign!


We shared a house-made sourdough cinnamon roll; it was AWESOME



I didn't put much of a dent in my monster-sized omelette, but I gave it a shot ;) 



Time to hit the trail! 



One of my favorite parts of hiking is looking at the flora and fauna...



Various edible berries 




Wildflowers that I hadn't seen growing up


At this point, we cleared the woods and started heading skyward



Vince and I stopping for "action shots" halfway up ;)




Made it to the top!



The end of the trail

We took some time to enjoy the view, made our way back to the car, and decided to drive into the park and look for critters before getting ready for the evening's events.



The best viewing opportunities typically happen in the mornings/evenings, but we managed to spy a caribou. Had our evening been free, we would have stayed in the park longer, but we had places to be! Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment