Sunday, October 7, 2012

Fun in Chicago

Chicago has long been on my bucket list, so I decided to stop there on my way back to AK from NYC. I was only there for 2 days, but I loved it! I will definitely be going back to explore it more. Great architecture, amazing museums, outstanding food, excellent shopping, and beautiful scenery. Frank Sinatra was onto something... my kind of town ;) Here are some of my pics...


A doughnut shop I didn't get to visit this time... but it smelled SO good!!
Love the name too :)


The House that Oprah built... I am not an Oprah fanatic, but it was
still cool to see this


One of Chicago's famous restaurants...


Part of the Wrigley Building- gorgeous


Statues near a bridge


The Chicago Tribute building


Door to the Chicago Tribune


Main entrance to the Navy Pier area


The infamous Billy Goat Tavern


Snapshot of the pier- so charming!


Ferris Wheel at the Pier


Vintage carousel


Me at the Pier (another nice tourist offered to take my photo)


Cute couple relaxing at the marina


Buckingham Fountain


Millennium Park



Cloud Gate aka "The Bean"


Fountain near Cloud Gate



Abstract art...


One of the views from the 95th floor of the John Hancock Tower


Another view from the top


Sunset over Chicago :)

No comments:

Post a Comment