Thursday, November 1, 2012

First Day in San Fran

After my first night (which I spent in Oakland), I moved to the big city. I packed up my bags, navigated the BART system, and made it to the Powell Station near Union Square. Partly being cheap and partly because I wanted to really experience SF, I decided to walk with all my stuff from the station to my hotel on Bush Street. 5 blocks is no problem usually, but I admit I worked up a decent sweat pushing my big suitcase 5 blocks uphill on Powell lol! Nevertheless, it was fun, and hey- I could always shower once I got checked-in. I booked a room at the Executive Hotel Vintage Suites on Bush Street, and it turned out to be a great choice. The location was good, the staff was nice, the room was clean, and the area was relatively quiet (other than the night the Giants won the Series)...




Hotel Exterior

After I was free from my luggage, I decided to do a little exploring while I waited to check-in... Here are a few things from Powell Street



Super cute art at Union Square


Trolleys near the Powell Station



"The Dome" area in Westlake Center (a big mall off of Powell Street). Very nice! It was
a great place to grab a quick bite for lunch and check out Victoria's Secret :)



By this point in the day, I was pretty pleased with my decision to visit SF, but my day still got better from there. After getting settled in my hotel, I went out for an absolutely fantastic dinner at Cocotte on Hyde Street. Oh. My. Gosh was it good! A "must" for all future SF trips!

No comments:

Post a Comment