Friday, May 3, 2013

Countdown To Summer Fun!

Hi all :)  It has been awhile since I had anything exciting to talk about, so I am happy that it's getting closer to summer!!! It's definitely not summer in Alaska yet, but I am going to head out and get me some sunshine after I get home from work next week- yippie!

My honey and I are heading to California next Thursday to the INAGURAL BottleRock Music Festival in Napa Valley, and I am stoked! 4 days of sun, music (ahem, The Black Keys), awesome food, wine, and microbrews... Guaranteed to be fabulous. Then the next day we are going to do a little wine tasting. Here are a few pics I've gathered to get some new photo galleries started:



One of the many event logos


Oh yeah- The Black Keys next Friday!


Zac Brown Band on Sunday


One of my new favorites- Rodrigo Y Gabriella- wonderful Latin guitar music

...and a lot more great artists are in the mix!

As for the wine tastings, we are going to Schramsberg's Winery & Caves in Calistoga and Orin Swift's tasting room in St. Helena. Haven't had Schramberg's Blanc de Blance yet, but President Nixon introduced it to the White House during his presidency (and it's been used there ever since), so it can't be bad. And Orin Swift is guaranteed to be good; two of my favorite wines come from there- The Prisoner and Abstract. Can't wait!



Part of the Schramsberg Winery


"The Caves" at Schramsberg


Their specialty...


 The wine that got me hooked on Orin Swift
And my other favorite from Orin Swift (this is Abstract)

...Oh wow- in all my excitement about BottleRock, I almost forgot to mention the second part of my trip haha! After California, I am heading to Washington State to hang out in Seattle, check out Leavenworth, and visit Wenatchee (where my boyfriend's family is). It's been years since I've been in Seattle, and the rest of our little WA adventure should be great as well!
Stay Tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment