Monday, May 27, 2013

Last Supper in Napa Valley

All I can say is that Vince & I definitely ended on a high note! Although I didn't think of it in time to get a reservation at The French Laundry, we did manage to get in at Thomas Keller's other Yountville establishment- Bouchon. What a treat...



I was so excited when I spied this hehe


We had to at least look at the bakery before dinner...


Now those were some pretty croissants


The main event!


Bread, butter, and pistachios


Bone marrow appetizer with a fantastic sauce! This was definitely not
something inside my comfort zone, but it was pretty delicious; much better 
than it sounds, and I'm glad I tried it! Cheers to trying new things!


My smoked octopus salad- super tender, super fresh, and super good

I was going to have the steak & frites, but I wanted to try and save room for dessert. Luckily, Vince got it- those were the best fries I've ever had! Garlicky, fresh, herbalicious, and drizzled with truffle oil- oh my... not to mention the steak was done to perfection ;)


Heaven on a plate! Chocolate mousse with a dark chocolate
ganache shell and some classy gold foil for pizzaz... yum


Totally could have ate this all myself haha! But we shared :)
Great end to our last day in Napa Valley!



No comments:

Post a Comment