Saturday, July 6, 2013

Charter Time!

Woohoo! 5:45 am and time to head to the harbor! Got our snacks, our fishing licenses, our rubber boots, and (importantly) our raingear. Good thing we had it too- I think we encountered just about every kind of rain that day haha...



Leaving the harbor and heading toward the waters off LaTouche Island.
The scenery was beautiful despite the rain- and we got an added bonus of
seeing humpback whales and harbor porpoises!


Fish on!


Vince vs. halibut... and flounder, and cod! Those flounder were major 
thieves- and they gave us quite a workout checking our bait! At the start of the
day I was hoping for a monster, but after a few hours of battling flounder and
checking my bait, I was re-thinking my trophy dream... my arms were
getting smoked!! :p


Victory! Vince got one of the best fish of the day :) I got two
'butts as well, and we ended up with a good 30 pounds of yummy fillets- success!


...and a few days later, here's some of our catch: poached halibut
cheeks over an Alfredo risotto- YUM!


No comments:

Post a Comment