Friday, July 5, 2013

Peninsula Trip June 2013

Yay! It finally quit snowing at the end of May... time to get out and get as much summer as possible in Alaska ;) I wanted to head down to the Kenai Peninsula, visit some family, and show Vince where I grew up in Soldotna. So off we went!



One of the boardwalks along the Kenai River in Soldotna


A young bull moose near the boardwalk; he was definitely camera shy!


My cousin Tara and her daughter Addy (also a little shy)


Snack time!


Caribou near the bridge access road in Kenai


Historic landmark church in Kenai


Pretty cool Russian Orthodox church


I had to take Vince here- not only for the seafood, but also for the
famous jalepeno cheese dip :p


My #1 favorite brewery in Alaska- Kassik's in North Kenai


The next morning, we set out for Homer and stopped
at the first house my dad built in Alaska (now a lodge)


It was fun to visit the house where I have so many good memories


The view of the ocean in the backyard


Our next stop was the little Catholic church in Ninilchik 
where I was baptized... Next stop- Homer!


No comments:

Post a Comment