Saturday, July 6, 2013

Valley Trip

Thinking about all the places in Alaska that I haven't really seen, I realized I had never really spent much time in Palmer and Wasilla- two cities in the Matanuska valley. So, I decided to take Vince to the valley and check out a few of the sites...



The Reindeer Farm in Palmer- very informative and fun


...the check-in cabin


Wow! This guy was a big surprise- literally! The Reindeer
Farm took in an orphaned bull moose and raised him; now
he has a family and is docile as Marmaduke hehe


Greeting the kids


... moosing around


Reindeer time- I was blown away with how docile they were!
All you need is a little reindeer kibble, and you are BFFs :)


This big male was called John Deer


Time to visit the Iditarod Trail Headquarters in Wasilla


A little history...


OMG- puppies!!!


...yeah- I did not want to leave!!


So cute!!



The worker bees taking a break. Great visit to the Valley!


No comments:

Post a Comment