Friday, July 5, 2013

Homer in June

Clam Gulch, Ninilchik, and Anchor Point all in the rearview mirror, the next stop on Vince & I's Peninsula trip was Homer (one of my favorite little fishing towns to visit)!



Welcome to Homer :)


The view from the hillside as you enter town


The Pratt Museum- fun place to visit


My paw vs. bear paws- whoa!


Learning about some of the locals...


Time for lunch


Yum! The grilled sampler (halibut, salmon, shrimp, & scallops) was awesome


What better after a good lunch than a good after-dinner digestif? 
The Salty Dawg has got to be a national landmark hehe. This was
the first time I was old enough to go here!


Haha- loved the eclectic decor


Lots to see...


Wow- I think these were the best Bloody Marys I have had to date!


Full and happy, Vince & I decided to go for a stroll
and to check out the Seafarer's Memorial- very nice


Definitely time to wind down at the hotel


And warm up in the hot tub :)


Breakfast & coffee time at the Sourdough Express- mmm


After a little more sightseeing, we decided to check out Bear Creek 
Winery. Not only did we find some good Alaska-made wines, but we also 
scored with a killer recipe for smoked halibut cracker spread :p



With just about all of our stops covered, I had to bring 
Vince by Alaska Wild Berry Products' first location before 
we hit the road again. Two chocoholics in a pod ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment