Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Day Four In Maui

As much as V and I wanted to hit the beach and work on becoming darker shades of pale, Mother Nature decided that it was time for some rain. Not that it was bad (it was still great), but we had to come up with other things to do that didn't involve getting tan… Strolling around Lahaina (the town closest to our hotel) and exploring the local cocktail menus sounded like a good plan to us!

The first stop was the Cannery Mall. In the last couple years, I've starting collecting postcards from places I visit, so I was on a mission to try and find some good Hawaii ones… I'm glad I have this nerdy habit, because otherwise we would have missed the Hula show that was going on that day. Vince and I were cheering on the dancers when- oh man- some of the dancers decided to recruit volunteers from the audience! I was invited up on stage (red face, red face)! It was really fun though- and it was a good mini ab workout :)




Although I didn't succeed in finding postcards, the quick 
mall trip was fun! Time to head to Lahaina and find a parking spot...


This church was the first thing we noticed when we 
parked. The last church we looked at was so beautiful, 
we couldn't pass it up without looking inside



Another beautiful interior :) 


Time for a drink lol! Right after looking at a church hehe.
This place was just down the street and it is an AK Airlines
Mileage partner, so we figured we'd earn some miles ;)


Pretty cool little bar, and strong drinks! 
We enjoyed the scenery and the people-watching 
for a bit and decided we'd better head out for a walk


This is all one tree! This tree takes up 1/4 mile
and covers the appropriately-named Banyan Tree Park


Here's where it starts...


Just past the park, there was a little museum; it was
just about to close, but we got a quick look


We checked out a few more gift shops (I was 
still looking for the perfect postcards lol)...


…and then it was about time for dinner! We had been
reading about Kimo's famous "Hula Pie," so we wanted to try it!


(after trying a few more island drinks)


This one was probably my favorite; nutmeg and
rosemary were very unique and unexpectedly delicious


I usually am not huge on coconut shrimp, but these
ones were good enough to make me re-think that opinion


Time for dessert! Oh man… This "pie" is basically
a mountain of ice cream set on an oreo crust and topped
with a thick river of chocolatey goodness, macadamia nuts
& whipped cream. Guess Vince must love me, since we
shared ;) Note: tropical drinks + good dinner +sugary 
dessert = BEDTIME haha



No comments:

Post a Comment