Sunday, July 13, 2014

Palisades- Day 2

We were blessed with another beautiful day and our chores were done, so Vince and I decided to drive up to Leavenworth, go for a hike, and walk around one of our favorite towns.


Cute little campground that served as a parking spot


Butterfly on the trail


Back in Leavenworth, we stopped into a fun hot sauce
store and sampled some of the wares… NOTE: this one was
a terrible idea!!! I missed the sign that said "one drop at a time"
and just about killed myself with this stuff! Ended up hunched over
on the sidewalk after about a minute- complete with cramps and sweating


Feeling like I was going to live, I had to go back and see what
the heck was in that stuff… pretty obvious why it was so deadly!


We called V's parents and invited them up to have dinner
with us at a place we'd been eyeballing since last year (hello crepes)


The kitchen- LOVED this!


Good local wine to go with our meal


I started with a virtuous salad...


…and then the wine kicked in and I had to try an 
apple cinnamon crepe- complete with ice cream and 
whipped cream. Another great day in Washington!

No comments:

Post a Comment