Saturday, July 12, 2014

Portland Trip- Day 3

Although I was excited about our trip as a whole, I was super excited for our third day in Portland. Why? Because Vince & I were going to tour the Oregon Culinary Institute (yay!!!!)


View of the outside (goosebumps!)


Stories of some of the graduates- very inspiring




OCI's restaurant- almost time for our complimentary lunch


Delicious local asparagus and egg salad


A local greens and wildflower salad- so pretty!


Vince & I both had housemade gnocchi with rabbit ragu for 
lunch… I was so excited for the gnocchi I forgot to snap a picture!
 Luckily I did remember to slow down for dessert ;)


We both needed some coffee after lunch, so we tried nitro coffee
from Stumptown. Loved the creaminess the nitro taps imparted on the drinks


Although the main city is gorgeous, Vince & I both wanted to get out
 and see the edges of town, so we set off for the Japanese Garden


Beautiful entrance!



Traditional rock garden




Just stunning


So glad we went here; it was gorgeous and peaceful


It took us awhile, but eventually we were hungry again; 
time to head off to the next culinary adventure… Por Que No?


Good sign- it was packed!


Awesome chips and salsa


Shrimp salad


Tamale


…and an assortment of tacos- YUM! We had fun sharing little bites
of everything. Delicious! Another great (and affordable) dinner in PDX


No comments:

Post a Comment