Friday, December 18, 2015

Time For Thanks

After our mellow R&R in October, Vince and I were rested and ready to travel for one of our favorite holidays: Thanksgiving



Getting ready to leave the snow!


We made it to Palisades and Vince went straight to the grill...


...the dogs didn't mind! V's beer-can chicken was
awesome and they were on high-alert for scraps :P

We had a couple days to relax and make our usual day-trip to Leavenworth, but then it was time to get to work. We were invited to Vince's aunt's house for a big family Thanksgiving and we had some assigments! I volunteered to make mashed potatoes (for 36) and pumpkin cheesecake


Thankfully, Vince & his mom were great sous-chefs. This was
our potato-peeling station; tequila and good company made it fun!


One big pot of peeled & diced potatoes ready to boil

I got the taters finished and the cheesecake in the fridge. We had just enough time for a game of cards, and then it was time for bed.


We arrived at Vince's aunt's house the next day ready to mingle


The 5 (?) giant tables say it all! It was the biggest Thanksgiving
gathering I've ever been to, but it was very well-organized and a lot of fun


The kitchen in its early stages...

Our big Thanksgiving was a success: everyone liked the potatoes and the cheesecake I made (yay!), I met a lot of my new in-laws, Vince & I had fun hanging with the kids, and we left with our bellies full and only 2 dishes to wash :D

No comments:

Post a Comment