Friday, April 3, 2015

Christmas In Florida- Day 7

Admittedly, I can't remember exactly WHAT Vince and I did all day the 7th day we were in Orlando (besides going on our usual walk around the lake), but I do know that it was on this day that a) Reina's kids (my stepbrothers / stepsister) were all there for the holiday season and b) it was going to be my dad and Reina's "Tapas Night." My dad and Reina went to Spain last summer and my dad- ever the entertainer- was eager to show us some of the foods they had. Pop and Reina are great cooks and I love trying new things, so it was exciting indeed!



Dad preparing some marinated shrimp for the grill


Sauteed red peppers with garlic


Sauteed mushrooms


Fire-roasted peppers baked with Manchego cheese


Spanish tortilla


Red wine from Spain

Dinner was excellent! Dad and Reina did an amazing job and I made sure I got copies of some of their recipes! Everyone was impressed. By this time I was really looking forward to my turn in the kitchen ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment