Friday, April 3, 2015

Christmas In Florida- Day 9

Ahh... Christmas morning. Everyone enjoyed sleeping in after the late night of festivities. We started to re-group for a light breakfast, visited over coffee, and noticed that Santa had paid us a visit...


Survival gear, chocolate (another form of survival gear!), and a CHEF's
catalog gift card- SCORE! I must have done something right this year! Vince
and I did some laundry, went on an extended walk, and enjoyed our family time.
It was nice to have a slow day to relax and hang out with nothing pressing going on


I thought I would never be hungry again after Christmas dinner, but the smell
of Reina's homemade Pastitsio convinced me otherwise. Pastitsio is a Venezuelan
Christmas dish that is very similar to lasagna- and man was it delicious. I would
love to know how much it weighed haha... talk about a monster casserole!


Spanish red wine was a perfect compliment to the meal-
and a great end to the day :)


No comments:

Post a Comment