Friday, April 3, 2015

Christmas In Florida- Day 8

'Twas the night before Christmas... The day before Christmas was busy indeed! People were coming and going, wrapping gifts, visiting, cooking, and getting organized- the house was buzzing! It is our family's tradition to have our big Venezuelan-influenced dinner on Christmas Eve, so there was a lot of work to do. Granted, my dad and Reina did most of the cooking, but I handled 2 desserts and Fabiola and Kevin made Pan de Jamon (a Venezuelan Christmas bread). Kitchen logistics got a bit crazy, but it was a lot of fun!



My first ever Buche de Noel cake- SO happy it turned out good :D


Fabiola & Kevin making Pan de Jamon


One of the beverages on tap pre-dinner; it certainly made playing
"Taboo" a lot of fun! Vince and I will definitely be purchasing that game!


One of my brother's epicurean contributions to the snacks- mmm


My stepbrother Frankie and his girlfriend Foi


The expertly set table- fancy fancy!


My stepbrother Poli being a good helper and serving up Hallacas-
a Venezuelan version of tamales and one of my favorite Christmas foods


Kevin, Fabi, and Polli giving their younger brother a hard time ;)

As usual, the food was amazing. Everyone's contributions were delicious, and the international theme was a lot of fun. I love family traditions! Pleasantly full, we all helped clear and table and headed over to the living room to digest and have our gift exchange


Vince and I


My brother Colin looking pleased with his gifts


Dad and Reina having fun playing Santa


And last, but not least: picture time! This was amazing
Christmas that we will all remember for a long time :)


No comments:

Post a Comment