Thursday, April 9, 2015

The Reception! 2/14/15

Regardless of the torrential downpour outside, everyone made it safely to Aloha Aku (our rental property and reception site) in Kihei. I committed to take any obstacles with a grain of salt and was just happy that our wedding turned out so well. Vince and I had enough time to change clothes, pack an overnight bag for the evening, and discuss our options with our photographers before our guests began to arrive. 



Our drink options included pineapple champagne, pineapple
white wine, two red wine blends, local beer, soda, and water


Our coordinator/caterer did a great job of relocating our tables inside




The centerpieces turned out great!


Aww- Vince's parents surprised us with a sweet congratulatory sign :)


Vince and I with my dad and stepmom


The men patiently waiting for the party to start

The rest of our guests arrived shortly after I took this picture. Our caterers were just beginning to serve dinner when... the rain outside stopped! The weather went from blustery and rainy to calm in a matter of minutes! The clouds began to clear and the sun could be seen on the horizon. Amazing! Vince and I let our guests start their meals and rushed outside with the photographers to take advantage of the beautiful evening. I can't wait to see how their pictures turned out! That said, I was looking forward to the end of our marathon photo session by the time we were done- I had gone from preoccupied to famished (result of not eating since breakfast)!

Vince and I had a few minutes to try and eat dinner and then it was cake time. I'm not gonna lie- I was a little bummed I didn't get to eat more of the meal, but I was excited to cut the cake with my new husband :D




No cake-smashing for me- we did good!


Our guests finished their cake and then it was time for toasts and
more pictures. We were truly blessed; there were some great speeches



Hula show time! I am SO happy the rain stopped so our dancers
could make it! They were great- and the end of the show was a lot of
fun... they got everyone out on the lawn and taught us how to hula :)


From there it was time to lose the garter...


...toss it away, and have our first dance as husband and wife

As you can see, the day was a little crazy, but it turned out better than we could have hoped for. Vince and I spent a little more time visiting with our guests, said our goodbyes, packed our things, and headed off to The Grand Wailea for our wedding night :)


Nice touch! Fairytale ending...

No comments:

Post a Comment