Wednesday, April 8, 2015

The Wedding! 2/14/15

Our wedding day was quite the adventure; it will definitely be a good story to tell the grandkids! Regardless of how much we planned, there was one thing we couldn't control- and that was the weather! Vince and I had been watching the forecast and there was a 100% chance of rain on our wedding day! A bit of a bummer, as our reception dinner was supposed to be outside, but at least we were expecting the storm. The morning of the 14th actually quite beautiful, but the wind was howling on my way to the church and there were ominous clouds on the horizon... Not much I could do except say a couple prayers and leave it in God's hands...


I made it inside just before the rain started (thank goodness!) and was
whisked into a small room in the back of the church. I got some lovely words
of encouragement from my stepmom and soon to be mother-in-law, and then
it was showtime! The music was starting, the stage was set, and I could
see my honey waiting for me at the altar :)


Jodie looking stunning as ever!


Our musicians playing the violin and cello- the music was beautiful


My dad and I...




I made it to the altar without incident, the priest started the ceremony,
and then things got interesting! The lights in the church went COMPLETELY
out! Thankfully it didn't last long- the priest continued without missing a beat- but
then it happened again! We were staring to get a bit nervous, but the lights
came on and the rest of the ceremony went on without a hitch- whew.


Vince's cousin doing the first reading


Colin doing the second reading


Vince and I saying our vows after a beautiful sermon


The blessing of the rings


Me "putting a ring on it" ;)


The signing of our marriage certificate


Vince and I being introduced as Mr. and Mrs. Von Paul :D



...and the kiss!


With the ceremony complete, it was time for the congratulations



Vince and I taking a quick break before picture time


The wedding party


My brother and I :)


A fun picture edit my stepmom did- looks like we made the cover!

Although these pictures make it seem like it was nice outside, it was definitely not!! The wind was blowing with respectable force and the rain was pouring. We finished taking pictures inside the church, scrambled to our cars, and slowly made our way back to our rental property for our reception...


No comments:

Post a Comment